JCB JS160 Excavator
How can we help?
The JS160 is JCB’s 17-ton heavy tracked excavator, with advanced hydraulics and a durable frame to reduce operating costs and total cost of ownership over the life of the machine.
- 26104 lb (11839 kg) bucket tearout
- SERVICEABILITY: We’ve designed JCB JS160 track excavators to be low maintenance and easily serviceable. Which makes them affordable, efficient and highly productive. Hoods open and close easily with gas-assisted cylinders, and the service bays are large and wide for easy, open access. 1,000-hour boom and dipper greasing intervals and a 5,000-hour oil life provide maximum uptime on these 360 excavators. Grease points are centralized on a JS160 17 ton excavator too, for safe and easy access to high level pivots. Because they’re mounted side-by-side, the JS160 track excavator’s engine radiator, hydraulic cooler and intercooler can be serviced individually and cleaned easily.
- OPERATOR COMFORT AND SAFETY: We’ve designed the JCB JS160 track excavator to be comfortable, safe, ergonomic, simple and intuitive to operate. Which is good for operators, but even better for you; after all, great ease-of-use equals great productivity. Cushioned boom and dipperends prevent shock loadings, protect your machine and increase operator comfort, while 6 viscous rubber mounts minimize noise and vibration. A 70/30 front windshield split for a clear view of the front right track, plus a large laminated glass roof window provide this 17 ton excavator with exceptional all-around visibility. To keep everything under control, JS160 track excavators have a balanced slew and electronic/hydraulic controlled slew braking. Function switches are easy to reach and include the heater and climate control panels, while the side unit doubles as part of the immobilizer code selector.
- Tier 4 compliant JCB Dieselmax engine Class leading maintenance access
- PRODUCTIVITY: It’s more important than ever to save money and time so it’s just as well that JCB JS160 track excavators are designed to make the most of both. Our Tier 4 compliant EcoMax engine produces high torque at low revs for optimal efficiency. There’s a massive 97 kN bucket tearout for superb productivity, and the special JS range quickhitch system makes attachment changes fast and easy. Simultaneous tracking and excavating is smooth and fast with an intuitive multifunction operation, and four operating work modes allow a JS160 17 ton excavator operator to tailor performance to any application. Auto, Economy, Precision and Lifting modes provide very different optimized settings.
- Robust, durable upper structure and doors
- Spacious, comfortable cab design with excellent visibility
- STRENGTH: Before you buy a track excavator, you need to know it's going to be tough enough to perform any job you ask of it. Fortunately, with a JCB JS160, strength and durability come standard. We use Finite Element Analysis with extensive rig and endurance testing to make these excavators last longer. A JCB JS160’s reinforced boom and dipper is made of high tensile strength steel, with single piecewrapper plates and internal baffle plates for long life durability. The high-strength undercarriage of a JS160 17 ton excavator is of a fully-welded X-frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications, and the rigid upper frame provides maximum durability and support. The turret on JS160 track excavators is then welded to both the upper and lower undercarriage frames. Stiff, durable doors provide further strength.